Monday, October 6, 2008

Chosen, Dave Ramsey, and sports

Well our lives have been busy. SO BUSY- not time to take pics! Sorry Tara! When people tell you that when you get older you just get busier, that is so true.

For the last few weeks I've been working with Whitney and Christi Tyner on the Chosen high school girls ministry from Olive. Well. the "Pace" class. This has been great for me. I have always wanted to teach high school just because I really enjoyed that time of my life. These girls are great, they have such a thirst for God and they just want to learn! Please pray that this goes well and the girls learn alot.

Brandon and I started a class on Sunday afternoons call FPU, Financial Peace University. It's so great, Dave Ramsey uses his life experiences of getting out of debt, building wealth, and retiring with dignity to teach others. We are taking the class at Pine Terrace Baptist Church in Milton. It's a 13 week class, so a big commitment! We are learning so much. It so awesome once you get your finances together how you can give more to ministry and furthering God's kingdom. Not to mention, retire, something I thought our generation couldn't do!! Brandon and I like it so much, we are most likely going to teach the class next spring.

College Football, MLB Playoffs, NFL, Pace High! Our weekends have been consumed with Sports lately! Every Friday night we've been going to the Pace games. My parents have season tickets and that is so fun. Not to mention, my buds in the Press Box that I visit every time I come back. So nice to have a "home." I remember going to the games as an elementary school student. MEMORIES, and WOW time flies. Every Saturday we invite whoever wants to come over to watch some college football. WAR EAGLE!!!! My tigers lost last week, but thats okay. I'm still a fan! Brandon's so happy that Ole Miss is actually winning ;) jk honey.


We are wanting to go camping one of these weekends. Hoping to give you an update on that and some pics of our adventure!

Until next time!
xoxo,
Krista and Brandon

No comments: